Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Babies Grave


















































I went this morning to see my little Chases grave. He is in a baby cemetery at Cloverdale. I looked around at all the other baby graves reading how long they had lived, many died the same day they were born, some had flowers and some didn't. I haven't been to his grave in over a year, it might even be 2 years. The pain is too great.

He would be 3 this year, which is crazy. I try not to think of him being an age, it makes it harder. I try not to think of holding him and rocking him to sleep. I try not to think of him smiling and letting me kiss his little face. I try not to think of him starting to talk and walking around. I try not to think of how heart broken I was when I saw his lifeless body on my chest as I held him and cried for the child that would someday be a distant memory. A memory of pain and hurt, oh how I long for that little baby boy.

As I sit here and wipe the tears away I try to find the strength and knowledge that someday I will be able to have another baby that will live and that I will have more happy memories, with a Husband so wonderful to share that with.

He finally got a headstone this year and it looks great. I love you Chase, and I always will. Until we meet again baby boy.

And so now too my loving Heavenly Father, I'm ready for another one.


5 comments:

Natalia said...

What a beautiful post. You made me cry.

Emily Dye said...

Holly, I love you! My heart aches for you! No mother should ever have to go through that hurt and pain of loosing a child.

Grammy said...

My beautiful daughter.I love you so much and know that you will make a sensitive, loving, wonderful mother when you get that chance. Little Chase is so lucky to have you and Don for parents and so will your other children be. The Lord loves you and knows what is in your heart.

Holly said...

Thanks everyone! Natalia, I'm excited for you to have a little girl, I'm sure she will be beautiful. Emily,I know your Mom had to go thru the same hurt and pain, I love you too. Mom, I just love you so much. I loved having you there in the Hospital with me the entire time. Your are the best example of a mother that I know of!

mandbrid said...

This was beautiful Holly. I love you.