I joined this indoor soccer club with a couple of co-workers and we formed a team. Don also plays on our team. We did it to just have fun and get a little exercise. Well our first game was last week on friday night, it was a blast. I had so much fun and remembered how fun it was when I played in High school. Our team won 5-2, so we were really excited. Last night was our second game and we knew we were going to be missing a couple that were out of town. I showed up and there is a rule that we have to have 2 girls on the field from each team and there was only 2 of us there. I went on to the field to warm up and on my very first kick at the ball I felt my hamstring muscle rip and I felt a stabbing pain in my thigh. I kinda shook it off and went to kick the ball again and it hurt so bad again. I went and sat down on the bench to kinda let it relax a little. Well like 3 min later the game was to start and we still only had 2 girls. I found myself out on the field in pain. I played defense at this time, and was useless to say the least. About 10 min into the game our other girl showed up and I was able to sit the rest of the game out, which really bit the big one because I really wanted to play. We lost this past game 8-2, it was hard on all of us. I drove myself home crying because it hurt so bad to just move the gas pedal up and down. I went home and took a bath to soak it a little then slathered it with Ice-hot ointment. Then went to bed around 9:30 which is so early for me but I felt exhausted. I had to work the next morning so I slept good then went to work and hobbled around and got my work done, now I have 3 days off and will just rest my muscle so I can kick a@# at our up coming game!
2 comments:
Holly,
I hope that you will feel better. I'm so excited for you to play soccer again. I hope it heals well.
mom
That is so fun Holly!(Not that you hurt yourself, but that you are playing soccer.) I can't wait for the day when we can play on a team together again! Maybe I'll just move to boise now! :)
Post a Comment