Friday, April 15, 2011

Gold Fork Hot springs

Last Saturday I woke up around 2pm-well Don woke me up (I worked the previous night) and We got into the truck and drove to Cascade. I love driving and or riding, which I guess I was riding while my sweet husband drove. We drive along the Payette River. The river was so high and the rapids were very beautiful, but seemed very dangerous for anyone to be attempting to raft down them. I can't really explain the scenery but it was gorgeous! We then drove into the valley and then past Tamarack and then back into the mountains to get to the hotsprings. I really enjoyed the driving part. I love talking to Don, I love getting to know him more every time, the shared stories of growing up, the funny and the sad things we both have gone thru. It really brought us closer together. So Gold Fork hot springs is a made made pools with a natural hot spring flowing into it. There are 6 levels of Heat. The farther pools are cooler. We always start in the 2nd hotest one, it's deep and we can just relax. I get to hot after about 15min in that pool, so we move down to the cooler ones. The changing room is a Yurt. It's very small and not very private AT ALL. I walked in and this old ladys butt was right there. I hope I never get an old butt! I always pull my towel around me so no one can see my goodies. Anyway. We were at the hotsprings for about 1.5 hours. We then drove back to Cascade and ate at Grandmas restaurant. It was good, we splurged and got stakes, and milkshakes. Yumm! The drive back was equally as nice, it was dark and Don tried to scare me with scary scout stories, and it worked! I get scared to easily. Anyway I love my Husband and Had one of the best weekends Ever with him.

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Speaking of getting scared, remember that one time that crazy guy was following us in his car?